At the UUFNN, our lives are enriched by a spectrum of Adult Faith Development Programs. These include a bi-weekly Sunday Forum at 9:00 am in the Starr King room, meditation on alternate Sundays at 9:15 a.m., chalice circles, a wide variety of short courses (see also the Adult RE page), and a range of groups open to your participation.
Adult groups provide ongoing connection among people with varied interests, allowing us to enjoy each other, learn from each other and challenge each other to greater spiritual depth.We warmly invite all our congregants, and anyone who wishes to engage in faith development or wishes to learn about Unitarian Unversalism to sign up and attend our fine programs.
The educational programs stretch and stimulate us as we proceed on our spiritual and intellectual paths. They reflect the range of sources of Unitarian Universalist beliefs:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life.
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love.
- Wisdom from the world’s religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life.
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.
- Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to love in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
- Grateful for the religious pluralism which enriches and ennobles our faith, we are inspired to deepen our understanding and expand our vision.